#1 BethmooraRaven

BethmooraRaven

Titan

• Root Admin
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Source: http://screenrant.co...2-niall-165063/

Wrath of the Titans brought in $6.9 million (US), raising the Sam Worthington film’s total to $71 million. The Warner Bros. release won’t hit $100 million domestically, which is a big dip from Clash of the Titans‘ $163 million final gross. The sequel has now banked almost $250 million globally.

#2 *I See You*

*I See You*

Titan

• Administrators
  • 3,550 posts
  • Locationwestern Washington (pacific northwest) USA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Nothing to sneeze at, but I find it disappointing because of course I wanted "Wrath" to break all box office records. I've already had my fit like Rebecca DeMornay did in the Volunteer Park greenhouse bathroom. They're going to have to replace the entire stall this time, but I got it all out and I think I'm OK now! :cheeky: (scary thought, eh? :BigGrin:)

#3 BethmooraRaven

BethmooraRaven

Titan

• Root Admin
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well, they've taken at least $100m more than it cost to make so WB/Legendary Pictures should be pretty happy. ;)

#4 *I See You*

*I See You*

Titan

• Administrators
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

I was probably more certain than they were that that was going to happen. What I really wanted was to totally be able to go :Razzing: to everyone that bah-hooed the first one and the idea of a second. I can still do that of course because they are most likely already going to make a third. I just wish too that [like you said before] they'd all simply agree it was good. I've seen it three times now and I loved it every time. Sam gave it everything he had and that's plain enough. He should be praised for that.

#5 eternity

eternity

New Terminator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationQu├ębec, Canada

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

HI!
I went back to see it a second time and it was my first time in 3d and it was pretty cool!
I feel a bit sad also that it didn't achieved a box office success in terms of money of course because nothing negative about our Sam he did his job.
But what scares me a little bit is the fact that maybe they will not do a third part for the movie, this would be deceiving for me I confess, I hoped so much for a trilogy.
My fingers are still crossed, anything can happened in Hollywood!

Take care!

Sam Worthington for Ever!

#6 *I See You*

*I See You*

Titan

• Administrators
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

I think at the end of the day, it's a success all around. I know what I saw and I thought it was terrific. Though I would have liked to have seen a whole lot of great reviews and love letters especially with regard to Sam's obvious efforts, I'll say basically the same thing I said about 'Clash." I didn't expect it to be "The Grapes of Wrath." I expected it to be "The Wrath of the Titans." I wasn't disappointed on any level. Sam did a great job. I loved his intention. I always do. I always see it. I always get it. I always like his performance. I can only feel sorry for those who don't. As for a third film, I thought I'd read it was pretty much already in the cards, but I guess we'll just have to see. I know I'm up for it. :cheeky:

#7 cate

cate

New Terminator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationNew York somewhere

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

I am glad Sam is going to be filming a new movie soon - Thunder Run begins in May, correct? I want this to be really successful and a critical success. Sam really needs it for people to get off his case. Bums me out that the flaws with Wrath overpowered the overall effort. Also seems that it is cool to slam Sam - you know how the critics build you up and then tear you down. They even did that to my Cate and now they love her again. I just hope Sam ignores the haters and doesn't let the negativity get to him.

#8 *I See You*

*I See You*

Titan

• Administrators
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

I'm not sure exactly when filming on that will begin, but it's supposed to be soon. I always hope his films do well, but we'll have to see.

Though I would have to think it'd be essential for any of them to develop a thick skin with regard to all that garbage, it has to hurt when you've given your all to something just to have them not only try to tear you down, but actually seem to get off on doing so. It's a big price for any sensitive soul to pay..
Luckily, Sam has plenty of fortitude to go along with his sensitivity. That helps. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users