Titan

• Administrators
  • 3,552 posts
  • Locationwestern Washington (pacific northwest) USA

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Sam Worthington Has Last Laugh

Saturday, October 01, 2011 » 01:45pm

Posted Image

Sam Worthington 'laughs his head off' when he thinks about how much money 'Clash of the Titans' made.
The actor starred as Perseus, the mortal son of Greek god Zeus in the 2010 action movie - which was almost universally panned by critics, but made a phenomenal amount at the worldwide box office - and Sam laughs when people tell him they're surprised a sequel is being made.
He said: 'Yeah, we've filmed the sequel. The first film made half a billion dollars, which is why we're doing the damned sequel, so we must have been doing alright somewhere.
'That's a s---load of money for a movie that got canned. That makes me laugh my head off. But the good thing is an audience went and saw it and hopefully we can learn from the mistakes of the first film.'
Sam, 35, starred in both 'Clash of the Titans' and 'Avatar', which were both filmed in 3-D, but using very different techniques, and he claims James Cameron, director of the latter film, 'hated' the first.
He added to Shortlist magazine: 'He hated it. He said it was s---t house. But he said he watched it in 2-D and said he loved the story. He could see what we were trying for but audiences can't get past the shoddy 3-D to appreciate the story.'

#2 *I See You*

*I See You*

Titan

• Administrators
  • 3,552 posts
  • Locationwestern Washington (pacific northwest) USA

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

Clash delivered just what I expected of it..and when I have a choice, I always prefer 2-D to 3-D as the latter tends to give me a headache. It doesn't surprise me at all that it made so much money. It's like the ultimate popcorn flick.. and even back when Sam was feeling the need to apologize profusely for it, I felt there was no need for that at all. I enjoyed it, him, and his acting in it immensely..even if the writing was not the best. I am SO looking forward to Wrath..partly because I'm curious as to how they'll inject the "meat" they've been talking about into such a script. Either way, I'm sure I'll like it. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users